How are you dealing with day-to-day stress in these uncertain times? Here are 7 extra simple ways to get a brief mental escape:
- Meditate. Take time each day to clear your mind through meditation. Breathing exercises will help you clear the mental clutter.
- Exercise. Whether it's a quick run or a relaxing walk, getting outside for exercise is a healthy way to escape any stress. You don't need equipment; you just have to get up and go.
- Get Lost in Music. Listening to music is a great way to unwind and clear your head.
- Find Your Creative Outlet. Whether it's writing, art, cooking, music, photography, or something else, immersing yourself in a creative outlet will help you cope with daily stress.
- Daydream Out the Window. Have you ever caught yourself staring out a window? You're relieving your stress, and you don't even realize it. Just take a minute to daydream out the window.
- Watch Movies. The whole family can escape through a movie. Just sit down and watch worry-free.
- Chew Gum. If you need a quick de-stressor, chew a piece of gum.
Source: Brown, Justin “7 Ways to Get a Mental Escape.” 28 May 2020. Email.