At Sterling Wealth Partners, our mission is to help clients chart a course so they may work toward financial freedom. We accomplish this by offering comprehensive and customized financial advice from a team of highly experienced advisors, who only act in the best interest of each client. In order to truly create a customized plan, we offer a broad range of services and products that are tailored to meet each individual’s needs.
Our financial planning and investment management services are offered on a fee basis. Services may be offered on an hourly, flat, fixed, or per-project basis, all determined by each client’s specific situation. Also, where appropriate, investment and insurance products may be used, which pay commissions instead of, or in addition to, fees for services.
Common Financial Planning Services
- Asset-Cycle Portfolio System® - This system involves creating a comprehensive financial plan that uses asset designation and purpose-driven account placements. The Asset Cycle Portfolio System helps clients understand how each of their financial assets work together to accomplish objectives such as lifetime-income planning, tax-efficient distribution strategies, legacy planning, and long term growth.
- Personal “CFO” Service – The Personal CFO is designed to help you get your financial life in order. Topics covered include organizing your financial documents, budgeting, debt management, saving toward a goal, employee benefits review, insurance needs analysis and basic financial education.
- Income Replacement Stress Test – An income replacement stress test will assess hypothetical, what-if scenarios to help determine the long term viability of retirement income lasting under certain conditions. If weaknesses exist, potential strategies will be introduced and explored.
- Social Security Maximization Analysis – This analysis includes a comprehensive review of the various combinations of Social Security election strategies. Clients are provided with a step-by-step action plan that outlines the best strategy for maximizing their Social Security income, which coincides with their retirement distribution plan.
- Income Tax Analysis – This analysis will identify how to reduce federal income tax and coordinate income with Social Security benefits to determine whether taxes can be reduced.
- Roth IRA Conversion Report – This report provides an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of converting traditional IRAs to Roth IRAs. Clients are armed with the necessary information to make an educated decision as to the benefits and costs of conversion.
- Comprehensive Financial Plan – This service will incorporate all of the various areas of your financial life based on your goals and objectives. The plan may include any of the other described services and will be custom designed and priced based on your individual situation. Areas covered may typically include: budgeting, debt management, college planning, retirement accumulation or retirement income planning, risk management and insurance, legacy planning and asset allocation. Investment management services are separate from a comprehensive financial plan.
Common Investment Management Services
- Asset Allocation Review – This analysis involves a basic approach to financial planning, which consists of a review of allocations based on the five major components: age, income, net worth, risk tolerance and time horizon. This is used as a starting point in the planning process.
- Independent Objective Portfolio Analysis – This will include a comprehensive review of fixed investments, stock and equity positions, bonds/bond funds and mutual funds. It will introduce “the know your investment” model.
- Risk Score Analysis – This process will help define a personal, risk-tolerance score and compare it to your current portfolio risk score. This analysis will help to determine and realign your portfolio risk score with your personal risk score.
- Portfolio Stress Test – This service will provide you with a greater understanding of how your portfolio might have performed during previous time-frames of stock market and/or interest rate declines. Although past performance is no guarantee of future results, reviewing a portfolio’s track record helps you, as an investor, have a comprehensive understanding of the portfolio in light of various factors.
- Investment Management Services – This service includes risk score analysis, initial asset allocation and portfolio design based on your risk score analysis, and ongoing monitoring and rebalancing of your portfolio.
Risk Management and Legacy Planning Services
- Long-Term Care Analysis – This analysis determines potential future long term care needs and provides direction in pursuing an appropriate strategy for funding those needs. Traditional and asset based long-term care insurance funding strategies will be reviewed and evaluated along with self-insuring.
- In-Force Life Insurance Audit – This audit includes an analysis of existing life insurance coverage with a focus on eliminating potentially costly factors such as lapsing, over or under insuring, and under-performing.
- Financial Estate Protection & Maximization Review – This system provides clients with an assessment of the strategies, benefits and financial consequences of passing assets to heirs and charity. If legacy planning is preferred, clients are provided with a plan designed to minimize taxes and fees, and maximize the amount given to loved ones and charities.
- Multi-Generational Qualified Plan Disbursement Review – This review will consider the impact of stretching out qualified accounts over multiple generations. An analysis is conducted to illustrate the potential benefits of preserving the value of qualified plans as they are distributed to beneficiaries.
Additional Products and Solutions Available
- Small Business Retirement Plans
- Managed Asset Programs
- Mutual Funds & Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Stocks, Bonds & Unit Investment Trusts
- Certificates of Deposit & Money Markets
- Equity & Index-linked investments
- Municipal & Corporate Securities
- US Treasuries
- Long Term Care & Life Insurance
- Alternative Investments
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Medicare Planning & Services